READY TO BUY OR SELL IN MONTANA?
The Professional Real Estate of Montana team has years of real estate experience and has been through all sides of Montana’s real estate market. We look forward to using our experience and knowledge to benefit you! Contact us today for a complimentary consultation with one of our team members.
HELPFUL BUYER TIPS
- Get Pre-Approved for Your Home Loan. Getting pre-approved means you have had a lender look at how much you can afford and give you an amount they are willing to lend you. This will save you time and effort so you are not looking at houses you cannot afford. Most sellers require a pre-approval letter when submitting an offer.
- Decide What You Want. Make a list of “must-haves” for your home so you can make sure the homes you are looking at meet all of your requirements.
- Keep Your Money Where it is. Don’t make huge purchases or move your money around before purchasing a house.
- Financial institutions will look at your situation on your gross monthly income. Your house cost should not exceed 28% of this.
- Avoid Sleeper Costs. Most people just focus on their mortgage payment but you also need to be aware of other costs: property taxes, utilities and homeowner-association fees. Make sure you budget for these additional expenses.
HELPFUL SELLER TIPS
- Make sure you have a broker who is informed. They must constantly monitor the multiple listing service and know what properties are selling for on the market and what the comps in your neighborhood are.
- First Impressions Count. Take time to tidy up and make sure everything is clean, remove personalized items from the house so the potential home-buyer can visualize themselves in the house.
It's so easy to use you for any purchase, Paul--- or any sale. Smart, honest, enough common sense not to blow up a sale sweating the dang details, straight-up business, and hardworking enough to get the ink on the docs ... in spite of every possible mess people tend to make.
Working with Sherry and Paul was a great experience. We had not bought or sold a home in more than 30 years. Their knowledge of the market was invaluable in setting our sale price. They actively showed our home and kept us informed along the way. Once we received an offer on our home, they guided us through the counteroffer and inspection phase. Communication is the key in any transaction, and we could not be happier with Sherry and Paul.